Recently, I had many professionals and clients asking about the BCMS certification process, if they want to achieve their BS25999 or SS540, what are the steps to taken? As with most management standards the process will be relatively standardized using the guidelines in ISO 17021. The audit process is broken down into two stages. These are the steps to be taken:
- Step 1: Application to Certification Body (CB)
- Step 2: Pre-assessment by CB
- Step 3; Assessment
- Stage 1 and 2 Assessment Audit
- Step 4: Award of Certification
- Step 5: Continuing Assessment
I will be elaborating the content of each stage (by hyper-inking them) to my future articles.